When you’re playing for high stakes at online casinos, the last thing in the world you want is to be let down by your equipment. With thousands of dollars on the line potentially every day, it’s imperative that you’re as confident as you possibly can be in the tools you use to actually gamble.
It’s not just the pros who need to keep a close eye on their local setup, either. Even casual gamblers have to be sure that their machine is going to last the distance in order to really enjoy the latest generation of fully immersive and interactive experiences on offer from modern online casinos.
For an ever-growing percentage of the market, using Apple products is the simplest way of knowing that you simply won’t have to deal with any hardware hassles while you’re betting online. Finding reliable Mac casinos to gamble in, however, hasn’t always been easy, and there are specific points you need to bear in mind when you’re going down the Apple route.
In this piece, we’ll show you how to find the best Mac casinos online, consider a range of hardware and software factors to look out for, and cover a series of other tips and tricks relating to using Mac casinos generally. Before we get into all that, however, let’s begin with a brief bit of background on the company behind the magic and their recent renaissance.
Though Apple have been on the scene since pretty much the dawn of personal computing, their current dominance of the landscape and position as the most profitable company in the world is a relatively recent phenomenon.
For a significant portion of the company’s history, it primarily served niche markets such as the creative industries and had more than its fair share of ups and downs throughout its turbulent early years. Though it seems hard to imagine today, the future of the company was seriously in doubt at various points over the years.
That all changed, of course, following Steve Jobs’ return to the company he founded in 1997. Since then, the Cupertino outfit has unveiled an impressive string of groundbreaking products that have led to their current position as the dominant hardware platform for home, office, and mobile use across the world.
That success story has been good news for serious gamblers as it’s given them an impressively polished suite of products to rely on whether they’re at home or on the move. Historically speaking, it wasn’t always that easy to find Mac casinos online, however.
These days, the chances of any major online casino being actively hostile to Mac users is a vanishingly remote possibility, but that wasn’t always the case. It’s not so long ago that Mac users had to contend with endless browser bugs as online gambling providers concentrated almost exclusively on what was then the much bigger Windows-based market.
This problem with Mac casinos manifested itself in several ways, from having to grapple with poorly prepared versions of IE Explorer for Mac, to the refusal of software companies to make Mac-specific gambling software. Luckily, those days are now well behind us.
If one event can truly be said to have kickstarted the emergence of Mac casinos across the world, it was undoubtedly the 2007 arrival of iPhones on the scene. Practically overnight, Apple went from zero market share on mobile to pretty much dominating the entire space. Casinos were simply no longer able to ignore Apple users and had to quickly move to establish themselves as viable Mac casinos in their own right.
The simultaneous development of the App Store and wider app economy simply added fuel to that particular fire. An enormous range of dedicated gambling apps quickly emerged for the new platform and within a couple of years it was Windows users (and subsequently Android) who were struggling to catch up rather than the other way around.
These days, gamblers are blessed with a huge variety of online Mac casinos to enjoy their betting in. Let’s move on to have a look at what you should be keeping an eye out for when making your own selection in terms of providers.
With the range of Mac casinos out there these days, you need some sort of set of criteria to narrow down your selection. The following items will give you a simple checklist to move through and quickly discard casinos that don’t come up to scratch. You’re looking for all these items to be obviously present and correct:
- Full range of games: Though the underlying software is generally written by the same small group of providers, not all Mac casinos are the same when it comes to the range of games on offer. Make sure you carefully review the selection available in your Mac casino before signing up.
- Solid reputation: It’s pretty hard to hide signs of a bad reputation online these days. Do your due diligence and check what other gamblers are saying about the casino you’re considering in gambling forums and social media.
- Offline presence: Though there are a number of reliable online Mac casinos with no matching offline presence, you want to ideally be looking for one that has real-world operations as well.
- Clear T&Cs: Terms and Conditions are one of the most common causes of dissatisfaction amongst online casino users. You need to be very sure you understand exactly what you’re signing up to before trusting a Mac casino with your business. Be particularly careful to review the terms around payouts and potential fees.
- Solid support: With Mac casinos increasingly alike in terms of the software powering their services, how they handle customers is emerging as a strong differentiating factor. You want to be certain that support is easily reachable, friendly and professional, and available through a full range of channels including email, phone, and live chat.
We’ve looked at the on-site factors to be aware of with Mac casinos above, but you’ll also need to consider how you’re going to roll with your own local setup. Though Apple’s range is relatively small compared to the incredibly fractured landscape on the PC side of things, you’ll still need to make some decisions. Here’s a quick breakdown of the main ones:
- Which model to choose: Apple hardware updates take place on a relatively stable schedule, but there’s always a bit of uncertainty about exactly what’s going to be in the latest release ahead of time. You want to be certain that you’re buying near the beginning of the cycle rather than at the end.
- Available RAM and memory: As recent controversy over the latest Mac Book Pro series shows, RAM, processor speed, and available memory are all critical concerns. The latest generation of Mac casinos require decent specs to really enjoy, so you don’t want to sell yourself short here.
- Multi-device compatibility: In the modern world, the chances are you’ll be using a range of devices to go about your gambling depending on where you are. Luckily, Apple performs superbly in this regard with iPhones and iPads, but you’ll still need to factor it in as a consideration.
Once you’ve got your hardware dialed in, you’ll need to consider what’s actually going to be running on it in order to get the best experience possible when using Mac casinos. Let’s look at the main moving parts that need to be addressed here:
- OS version: Apple are on an impressively regular schedule when it comes to operating system upgrades, and the process is smoother than it’s ever been. Nevertheless, you’ll sometimes want to stay one version behind the cutting edge for a few months just to let the bugs shake themselves out.
- Browser: This one’s partially a matter of personal preference, but you’ll probably want to pick one option from the big three of Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and then learn its idiosyncrasies well.
- App availability: Whether in terms of native Mac apps or iOS apps, you’ll want to put the offerings available from your Mac casino through their paces on your local setup thoroughly to make sure there are no unexpected surprises lurking in the wings.
One of the huge plus points of the mobile internet and broadband revolution has been that it’s opened up casino play for gamblers pretty much regardless of where in the world they happen to be. That said, you’ll need to take local legislative factors into account when playing in Mac casinos as the situation is different on the ground in different locales. Here’s a quick top-level overview:
- Europe: Gamblers in Europe enjoy a friendly legislative environment and excellent regulatory oversight. You’ll find very few problems gambling online in any European countries and a huge proportion of the major mainstream casinos are actually based here.
- Asia: Though demand in Asia for online casinos is enormous, the legal aspect varies considerably from country to country. Be very sure you understand the local laws surrounding gambling online before taking the plunge if you are based in Asia.
- Australasia: Both Australia and New Zealand enjoy vibrant gambling cultures. Though there are some minor legal restrictions in place, they largely affect providers rather than end users.
- USA: The legal situation regarding online gambling in the United States continues to be a fluid one. It’s technically prohibited in all but a few states, but pressure is building for a radical overhaul of the legislative environment.
Before we move on to look at the types of games available in Mac casinos, it’s worth taking a brief moment to stress the importance of managing your money when playing. Stick to the following three rules and it will be considerably easier to stay in control:
- Set a budget: You want to know exactly how much you have available to gamble going in, and then stick to that number. Don’t fall victim to the habit of continually reassessing your amount of available cash in-play.
- Track your winnings/losses: In the moment-to-moment excitement of Mac casinos, it can be all too easy to lose track of the bigger picture. Make sure you’re keeping an eye on overall performance by diligently tracking winnings and losses.
- Be careful with credit: There is a time and a place for accessing credit, but it’s a risky road to go down in terms of funding gambling. Try to stick to money you actually have when you’re on the tables.
Once you’ve gotten yourself set up with your new Mac casino account, you’ll naturally want to get down to business on the tables. You can expect to find all the major classes of games on offer in any reputable Mac casino:
- Poker: Still by far the most popular global game, you’ll find a huge range of poker options available at the vast majority of online casinos. Not matter what variant is your poison, you should be well served.
- Blackjack: Fans of strategy naturally flock to blackjack, and you’ll find plenty of options to explore at most Mac casinos. You’ll also be pick between going for standard online blackjack or the live dealer version of the game.
- Roulette: Roulette has long been a favourite of casino aficionados across the world and the latest generation of casino software brings all of the glamour of Monte Carlo or Las Vegas to your mobile devices.
Though many casinos offer the ability to play for fun, you’ll naturally want to be bringing real money to the table at some point. Being aware of your account funding options is an essential part of overall strategy and long-term success. Let’s quickly break out your main options in that regard:
- Wire transfer: Direct transfer is the oldest funding option available and there’s still a huge amount to recommend it. Though it’s probably overkill if you’re dealing with many transactions per month, it can be an excellent way of handling large, one-off payments.
- PayPal: PayPal’s general ubiquity means that it’s an option you should be able to take advantage of at pretty much any Mac casino online. It’s fast, secure, and relatively cheap to boot. You’ll also benefit from its wider utility in millions of online stores.
- Credit cards: Lastly, it’s always generally worth having a couple of classic credit cards such as Mastercard or Visa to hand to round out your funding options. They’re widely accepted, incredibly secure, and you’ll benefit from a host of membership privileges from using them.
We hope the guide above has helped you in narrowing down your selection when it comes to choosing the best Mac casinos for your business. It’s a fabulous platform to play on and set to continue being so for many years to come. We wish you all the best of luck out there on the virtual tables!
Check Out Our List Of The Best Mac Casinos!