Gamblers are used to sifting through the huge amount of online casinos that have sprung up over the last five years, but what many may not be aware of is that most casinos are powered by a small group of software providers under the hood.
Offers from the best Cryptologic online casinos
Though frontends and bonus offers vary wildly from provider to provider, the underlying technology is provided by a small number of high-tech companies that casinos rely on. This gives gamblers the best of both worlds – a solid technical base that ensures consistent gameplay and interfaces across different casinos, and the ability to choose from lots of competing offers on the account level.
In this piece, we’ll cover CryptoLogic, one of the historically best known of these companies and providers of the technology powering online Cryptologic casinos worldwide.
Cryptologic Limited was originally a Dublin-based software provider with Canadian roots. Founded with a view to providing secure online transactions, the company quickly branched out into online gaming via a subsidiary company called WagerLogic.
It was an almost instantly successful move and Cryptologic steadily built upon a series of high-profile deals with established online gaming giants in the period from 1996 up to 2007. Partnerships with William Hill, Littlewoods, and Betfair established the company as a major player in the online casino business and they went on to list on the Toronto Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, and the London Stock Exchange.
Cryptologic was eventually taken over by the Amaya Gaming Group in 2012 in a cash for shares transaction worth an estimated $35.8 million with the subsidiary WagerLogic being sold on to Goldstar Acquisitionco Inc in 2014. Though the familiar Cryptologic name no longer exists as a standalone company, you’ll still come across a huge amount of Cryptologic online casinos to this day.
Cryptologic provide a full range of online casino games and bingo offerings. Their titles have a reputation for quality gameplay and compelling jackpots. Let’s have a quick look at some of their more popular titles across common game types. We’ll kick things off with slots titles:
- Doctor Love Slot Game: Doctor Love is an entertaining medically themed slot title with more than a hint of romance. Nine paylines and five reels combine to give you a maximum payout of $45. There’s also usually a progressive jackpot on offer for players who want to dream big.
- Forrest Gump: As you’d guess from its title, the Forrest Gump slot is based on the famous Paramount movie hit starring Tom Hanks and a number of iconic moments from the movie are referenced throughout the gameplay. 25 paylines give you ample opportunity to cash in as a player with this five-reeler and a five level progressive jackpot is also on offer.
- Rickety Cricket: This popular five-reel, 25 -payline slot serves up bug-themed gameplay with fairly rudimentary graphics but what’s there is a fun game for players of all experience levels. It’s a stripped down offering with many fans among casual gamers.
Cryptologic also provide a full range of traditional table games. Let’s step through two of their main offerings:
- Blackjack: Cryptologic provide a full range of blackjack offerings with over seven different options on offer for gamblers. All options include a shuffle after each hand and the option to double on any initial two cards with further variations available per game thereafter. Popular titles include Atlantic City, Perfect Pairs, Vegas and Euro Double Deck. Progressive jackpots are on offer and the 3D gaming environments available bring an impressive level of realistic gameplay to the table.
- Poker: Cryptologic are also well-known for the quality of their poker games. Poker fans are able to choose across a range of games including Let it Ride, Caribbean Stud Poker, Pai Gow Poker and Three Card Poker. Again, the quality of graphics and gameplay make you feel almost as if you’re sitting at a real table.
Whether you’re aware of it or not, you’ve almost certainly already played in a Cryptologic online casino. Their popularity is based on a number of factors but the main three are the following:
- Jackpots: Cryptologic offer a full range of jackpots going from amounts in the low thousands all the way up to multi-million dollar payouts. Titles such as Millionaire’s Club are at the top of the tree with record payouts of over $6 million being recorded. At the other end of the scale, titles such as Hollywood Classic regularly pay out values up to around $5000. Cryptologic have a solid track record in paying out jackpots quickly with no associated hassle involved.
- Bonuses: Though it’s not strictly speaking the responsibility of Cryptologic themselves, you’ll usually find attractive welcome and deposit bonuses on offer at Cryptologic online casinos. You can expect to find the usual mix of one-off welcome bonuses and percentage-based deposit offers available in addition to non-deposit bonuses at certain casinos. As with any bonus offers, make sure you check the small print and playthrough requirements before committing.
- Security and reliability: As a company with its roots in secure online transaction processing, Cryptologic has an excellent track record in terms of reliability and security. Their history of successfully working with some of the biggest names in online gambling is excellent proof of how tight their overall setup is.
Though they’re popular with players worldwide, there are some caveats to bear in mind when you’re considering whether to go with a Cryptologic online casino. Here are the main ones:
- Payment options: The payment options on offer with Cryptologic casinos are not quite as comprehensive as those you’ll find with some other software providers. The plus side of this is that the limited range is due to overall tight security. That said, you’ll nearly always be able to fund Cryptologic accounts with credit cards, wire transfer and Neteller. If you’re relying on a more obscure payment method, you might be disappointed.
- No US players: The passing of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act in 2006 means that the vast majority of Cryptologic casinos will not accept accounts from the US. If you’re based in America, you’ll almost certainly have to look elsewhere and make sure you’re operating on the right side of the law.
- Wagering requirements: Though they’re by no means onerous, you’ll find the wagering requirements on many Cryptologic online casinos higher than some of the competing options out there. If this is a dealbreaker for you, make sure you’re checking the small print thoroughly before signing up.
Though they’re one of the oldest casino software providers, Cryptologic is far from the only company powering casinos online. A range of competitors also exist whose games you’ve probably already played. Let’s look at three of the biggest:
- Microgaming: Microgaming are one of the big beasts of online casino software providers. The privately held Isle of Man based company was one of the first into the market and has been going strong since 1994. Microgaming casinos provide over six hundred games through their online casino software and you’ll find their software used on some of the biggest casinos and gambling sites online including 32Red and the Palace group. Microgaming are particularly reknowned for their online poker options which are provided under the Microgaming Poker Network moniker – a suite of software that includes impressive options for Texas hold ‘em and seven card stud poker.
- Playtech: Playtech bill themselves as “the world’s largest gambling software and services supplier” and with over 3500 employees and a listing on the FTSE250 index it’s hard to argue with that claim. The company has been in operation since 1999 and provides software for poker rooms, Playtech online casinos, online sportsbooks, online bingo and much more besides. They’re particularly well-known for the range of high-profile licensed titles that they provide including slots based around The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man.
- RTG: Real Time Gaming provide a range of games to casinos worldwide with a particular focus on poker and slots. Though RTG casinos promote multi-million progressive jackpots extensively, their rate of payout has been less than that of competitors over time.
When you’re trying to narrow down your range of options for picking an online casino, the underlying software running the show is undoubtedly one of the factors you’ll want to consider. While each main operator has their own pros and cons, all share similar reputations for reliability and security so the choice will usually come down to factors such as the titles on offer and individual bonus offers given out by specific casinos.
Cryptologic are an established software provider and you’ll rarely go wrong with a casino using their software to run things behind the scenes. Be sure to check out a range of similar casinos if you’re thinking about going with Cryptologic as you’ll find a wide range of bonus and deposit offers available even from casinos using the same software.
Good luck out there on the tables!
Check Out Our List Of The Best Cryptologic Online Casinos!